Now hiring! Check out the job openings from Chamber Members and Corporate Partners. Make your next move to work with an LGBTQ+ inclusive company!
Medical Office Administrator
Central Texas Prosthetics is a new prosthetic provider in Houston, we specialize in upper and lower limb prosthetics.
Work hours: Monday- Wednesday: 9am-5pm Thursday: 9am-1pm
Start date: ASAP
- Attend to patients on the phone and in person.
- Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the office and support delivery of quality patient care.
- Answer telephones in a professional manner.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, schedule new appointments / referrals and follow-up appointments.
- Obtain all patient demographics and insurance information to input into the Practice Management system.
- Request the necessary medical records from the referring physician.
- Verify eligibility of patient insurance.
- Provide patients with required forms for signature.
- Prepare Service Estimates to determine the patient’s financial responsibility.
- Collect patient payments, or offer payment plan.
- Ensure cleanliness of waiting area.
- Deposit payments into appropriate bank account.
- General office support as required.
- Open mail and distribute to appropriate parties.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Health insurance billing experience is plus but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school course work.
- Minimum of one year of job-related experience in a medical office required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office & Google Drive) computer hardware and computer applications.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send all inquires to Sara Assi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Texas Prosthetics, LLC
16325 Westheimer Rd Ste 104
Houston, TX 77082