Development Operations Manager
Summary: AIDS Foundation Houston (AFH) is seeking a uniquely qualified candidate that will lead the development department’s infrastructure by overseeing funding platforms, website maintenance, donor database management and report creation and generation to ensure that all deliverables are successfully executed. This role requires an experienced candidate with a proven history working in development and fundraising, systems and platforms management, accounting skills, graphic design, and website maintenance. The ability to multi-task and work across departments to provide a compelling and dynamic image of the organization to both internal and external stakeholders.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Ethical-Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Leadership-Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others. Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative and inclusive environment and to ensuring the highest-level of donor/partner service. Initiative-Volunteers readily; undertake self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed. Interpersonal/Communication Skills-Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to new things; manages difficult or emotional situations; responds timely to client needs; solicits feedback to improve service; meets commitments. Oral Communication -Speaks professionally in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Written Communication -Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information. Problem solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics. Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
DUTIES AND TASKS
Planning and Implementation
- Prioritizes and plans work; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of position, program, department, and agency plan, as assigned.
- Will work closely with the Director of Development.
- Utilize position and knowledge to add to the development and execution of ongoing strategies for qualifying donors to ensure retention and growth of donor contributions as well as recapture of previous donors.
- Assist in development and implementation for third-party and peer to peer fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with others in our department, other departments, and partners to create customized solicitation strategies matching the programs and events of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
- Read and implement the agency Strategic, Annual and Departmental plans.
- Use calendar to schedule work duties, meetings, and planning activities.
- Participates in other fundraising projects as assigned.
Administrative, Finance and Coordination
- Print, write, mail, and email development department correspondence.
- Enters, completes records and pulls lists from Salesforce for donor management, reporting and forecasting.
- Updates, on a timely basis, donor records in Salesforce databases following donor contacts, activities, and action items.
- Manage payment processor accounts
- Manage employee giving/corporate matching website and activities
- Reconcile fundraising revenue to Finance Department ledger
- Reconcile credit card and ACH donations to monthly bank statements
- Book offline donations into Salesforce/Funraise platforms
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly, annual Development Forecast against Finance Reports and Projections
- Provide support for independent audit for the Development Department in coordination with the Finance Department
- Provides phone, email, and written follow-up for all sponsorships, donors, and guests for the events.
- Produce and mail merge donation thank-you letters (updating letter templates as needed) and provide donor inqury support
- Assist DoD and CDO with administrative tasks and activities as assigned
- Assist Event coordinator/contractor/vendors as needed with event logistics and execution
- Manage postage account and donation-related technology solutions as needed (DipJar, Txt2Give, Etc)
- Complete timecard, check requests, credit card forms, training logs, and other documentation as needed
Database Management and Reporting
- Lead data operations and logistics related to database migration, donor platform, and all CRM activities
- Lead database maintenance activities (deduping, error correction, record updates, ACH and Credit Card transactions and fees as required.
- Lead and create all needed reporting strategies and donor management logistics from the CRM and management perspective.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual donation reports as needed
- Manage Mass Agency Mailing and Emailing Lists/Databases
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual CDO Reports
- Generate Board giving and other reports as needed
- Respond and provide to requests for data, reports, and mailing list (and provide external post-processing as needed)
Website and Graphics
- Oversee website management and logistics for agency’s website
- Create and updates pages, events, campaigns, donation forms as needed (Duda Content Management System)
- Provide website, social media and e-distributions analytics
- Create content for website, social media, and external use as needed
- Participate in creation of content by external vendors as required
- Work with graphic designer and contractors to produce and upload graphics to website as needed
- Develop microsites and create/update website subsections
- Implement vendor-related updates on website
- Fulfill requests for website analytics and metrics
Program Compliance Expectations
- Implement policies, best practices, guidance, standards to create framework for effective fundraising.
- Implement department programming and selected fundraising models.
- Understand and implements program/department organizational development to increase efficacy, better services, and outcomes.
- Use and ensure the compliance of all protocols as required by funding sources.
- Complete and submit timely and accurate documentation; financial/program paperwork, forms, letters, surveys, reports, meeting notes, and all other required correspondence, ensuring it is according to departmental standards.
- Expertise in general office practices and procedures and uses them effectively to streamline work.
- Through the Quality Management Program look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follow instructions; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to complete additional work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Read, understand, and follow AFH Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain appropriate levels of documents regarding files, reports, correspondence, personnel, and financial paperwork.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Communicate proactively and professionally with peers and stakeholders through all modes of communication.
- Follow all regulatory requirements for reporting suspected abuse or neglect.
- Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of AFH.
- Form professional relationships with all stakeholders - clients, target populations, donors, volunteers, interns, vendors, and community partners.
- Ability to be culturally and linguistically competent in serving the needs of diverse clientele including but not limited to all racial, minority, and ethnic groups, substance abusers, homeless, gay/lesbian, bi-sexual, transsexual, and transgender populations.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Act respectfully and supportively towards other team members efforts.
- Relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems:
- Work as a highly cooperative member of the AFH staff and volunteers to accomplish agency and departmental goals.
- Accept responsibility and willingness to be accountable by not blaming others for work product or issues.
Requires some travel within Harris County and surrounding counties. The amount will vary depending upon donor location, development activities, events and meetings.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Level of Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree and/or experience desirable
Additional Requirements: Knowledge and Use of: Salesforce platform administration. Dataloader. Funraise or similar on-line fundraising systems. Microsoft Suite of Software (Medium-to-High level of expertise in Microsoft, Word, Excel and SharePoint). Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other virtual meeting apps. Google Analytics. Donor-focused business writing expertise. Fundraising and donor relations. HTML5/CSS3. Constant Contact Email Marketing. Social media marketing and posting across all platforms. Photoshop/Desktop Publishing. Some graphics experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic proficiency in database software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Donor Drive, Salesforce); Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Knowledge and experience in database development and/or data management, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
Language Skills: Ability to read and write at a professional level: to read, analyze, and interpret and implement general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to gather data, analyze information and interpret information to build useful and required reports or presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to adapt a budget into a tracking form and understands the basics of a budget.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks by using reasoning to determine priorities. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to perform routine bending/stooping while filing and performing office/outreach duties.
- Ability to perform routine twisting/reaching while working at computer/desk and performing office/outreach duties.
- Ability to perform routine walking/standing during course of day and while performing office/outreach duties.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse over telephone and while performing education and outreach duties 100% of the time.
- Ability to see well enough to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence 100% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLY: To apply for this position, email email@example.com.