Graphic Designer - Sugar Land, TX
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating high quality, accurate and creative artwork in a timely manner that meets the needs of clients and fulfills their editorial responsibility.
The Graphic Designer works closely with the sales staff to create, modify and update advertisements in time to meet monthly advertising deadlines. Editorial production includes laying out pages and creating infographics, chart and maps to supplement the editorial stories that are creative, easy to understand and tell the story visually.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related coursework
- At least two (2) years of prior experience in graphic design
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
- Experience with file preparation for CMYK output
- Ability to pass the Company's graphic design test
Essential Job Functions:
- Layout newspaper using Adobe InDesign while following company's design guidelines
- Read and analyze editorial articles in order to generate original design ideas for infographics that will supplement editorial stories
- Collaborate with reporters and editors to gain further insight and understanding of stories
- Create accurate graphics, charts and maps that visually support and supplement editorial stories
- Meet editorial deadlines for daily production, proofing and final output
- Ability to analyze and interpret news and create graphics that visually communicate information
- Prepare and save editorial graphics, photos and text for upload to web, in time to meet the web department's deadlines
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Account Coordinators to produce effective advertisements that meet the needs of clients
- Present necessary ad proofs to sales team on time, ensuring that client has adequate time for review and approval
- Maintain an awareness of current design trends and a working knowledge of the latest industry software
- Ensure that all advertisements and graphics are properly prepared for 4-color press output Maintain a professional appearance
The "community" in Community Impact Newspapers represents you. As an organization that reflects the people and businesses we serve, we hold diversity & inclusion principles to be extremely important to our mission and values. Employment decisions made at Community Impact Newspapers are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics; instead, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
APPLY DIRECTLY HERE: https://communityimpact.isolvedhire.com/jobs/337189.html