Community Impact Newspaper
Sales Account Executive- Bellaire/Meyerland/West University (Houston), TX
The Sales Account Executive role is a key position within each Community Impact Newspaper team. The account executive is focused on identifying local businesses, building relationships, and managing strategic marketing plans across months and years to help businesses thrive. Successful account executives consistently execute new and renewal business across our full product line of print, direct mail and digital solutions with no cap on earning potential. They are team players invested in their market, their overall metro, and in the content and design we deliver to readers.
The day-to-day for this role is dynamic, supportive, rewarding and fun! Account executives are provided with training, tools, goals and mentorship to enter the field, pull doors, lead consultative marketing meetings, close business, and celebrate wins both internally and with their customers.
For the account executive and every position at Community Impact Newspaper, we are proud to start each day pursuing more than just a job. We have a mission and values behind every action, aligning each individual with their team to create a passionate and productive environment. We also offer an array of benefits and perks while we continue to grow in the U.S., placing high importance on diversity, inclusivity, unique strengths, opportunities for leadership and overall personal fulfillment.
Account executive responsibilities:
- Learn and use our "Selling The CI Way" program, which is a paced, customized approach to sales activity and delivering measurable ROI for our advertising partners.
- Apply feedback, independent strategy, data analysis and an internal competitive drive to own and reach sales goals.
- Understand and become an active user of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system called CIIMS.
- Utilize marketing concepts and/or a creative mindset to develop advertising campaigns in coordination with our design department, with attention to details and deadlines.
- Proactively deliver customer service to maintain and grow your client base.
- Execute administrative tasks requiring the use of Google Suite & Microsoft Office Suite.
- Represent the company and actively contribute to our culture in a positive and professional manner in internal and external meetings and events.
- Must be able to regularly work in your market for in-person cold calling, client meetings and community events.
- Must be able to commute to your local Community Impact Newspaper office for meetings.
- Must be punctual and maintain an acceptable attendance record.
The right fit will:
- have a background in sales, marketing, media, business, communications or other related field and a strong interest to specifically learn and grow in sales;
- enjoy networking, developing business relationships and being part of your community;
- have an interest in selling independently and in partnership with a manager and peers in your market;
- have the ability to multitask various responsibilities throughout a day and across the course of a monthly selling cycle; and
- have strong listening, written, verbal and presentation skills with proper spelling and grammar.
The "community" in Community Impact Newspapers represents you. As an organization that reflects the people and businesses we serve, we hold diversity & inclusion principles to be extremely important to our mission and values. Employment decisions made at Community Impact Newspapers are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics; instead, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.