Second Annual Families with Pride with Council Member Abbie Kamin
Saturday, June 24, 2023 (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (CDT)
The Chamber is proud to partner with Council Member Abbie Kamin on the second annual “Families with Pride" event. The event is an exciting, family-friendly funday event held in District C’s Levy Park for LGBTQIA+ children, families, and allies as part of Houston’s Pride Month.
This event was launched in 2022, by Council Member Kamin and the District C office, after hearing from her constituents about their desire to have a family-friendly space for their young children to play and celebrate Pride.
The event will include...
- Lively entertainment
- Outdoor Reading Room enhanced with the support of Houston’s Public Library and children’s story time
- History of Pride Walk with pictures along the Lookout Bridge where kids can learn about important events and key community figures who fought for LGBTQIA+ civil rights
- Interactive Colors of Pride ribbon wall where kids can write names and messages on colored ribbon and tie to the walls of the Lookout Bridge
- Mosaic Rainbow art project with the help of kids attending the event
- And much more (including all the terrific fun baked into Levy Park like the splash pad).
There will be food trucks, face painting, big-kid games, prizes and more! The event will kick-off with Houston’s official “Proud Puppy Parade” that starts and ends at Levy’s Dog Park and will showcase Houston’s proudest four-legged babies!
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
Sponsor this wonderful Pride Month event supporting LGBTQIA+ children and families!
We hope you’ll join us in this meaningful morning of laughter, learning, and love for Houston’s LGBTQIA+ families and allies!
3801 Eastside Street
Houston, TX 77098 United States
Festivals & Celebrations